Most people who join our club want to improve their game. Here are some suggestions:
- Play an experienced opponent and discuss the game when it is finished.
- Play stronger opponents and later play over your game on your own to spot your mistakes.
- Join the online PWOCC teaching sessions for juniors.
- Use training websites such as Chess Tempo or Chess.com to improve your tactical awareness.
- Learn an opening for White, and a defence for Black, so you build experience.
- Watch videos by Agadmator, Mato or Chess Network to learn about strategic thinking or listen to Chess Podcasts such as Perpetual Chess.
- Read good chess books, especially those where strategic ideas are explained.